Are you worried about debts?
Hamilton Citizens Advice, in partnership with East Kilbride, Clydesdale and Rutherglen and Cambuslang CABs, offer a Debt Helpline open to anyone in South Lanarkshire.
With the cost of living increasing, lots of people are worried about their finances. You do not need to struggle on your own and we recognise that debt can have a negative impact on your mental health.
The helpline is staffed by trained advisers who will listen and offer advice and a range of practical assistance including referral to a specialist money advice caseworker at your local CAB.
They can also provide additional support with the following:
- Dealing with rent, council tax, utility arrears and catalogue / personal loans
- Debt management options e.g. Bankruptcy, Trust deeds, Debt Arrangement Scheme, token payments
- Income maximisation, budgeting and managing money
- Assistance to obtain credit reports
- Advice on court actions, including summary warrants, charge for payments and decrees
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9am to 5pm
Wednesday: 9am to 7pm
Saturday: 9am to 12pm
Helpline Number: 01698 757600