West Whitlawburn Housing Co-operative is fully mutual with charitable status. In a fully mutual housing co-operative all tenants are members, and only tenants, or prospective tenants, can be members.
Membership gives the right to:
- Vote for the Management Committee
- Stand for election to the Management Committee
- Attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and vote on appropriate items
- Attend emergency or special general meetings
WWHC is run by a Committee of unpaid voluntary members, who are elected by the members. All Management Committee members are tenants in West Whitlawburn (with one exception currently).
They control the Co-operative’s business by:
- Setting the policies to be followed by the staff
- Making sure that the staff carry out the legal and financial responsibilities of the Co-operative
- Allowing staff to carry out the decisions of the Management Committee and run the day-to-day business of the Co-operative
Management Committee members standing down and seeking re-election can be elected at the Annual General Meeting, as can new Management Committee members. Any member joining Committee during the year will be co-opted or fill a casual vacancy until the next AGM.
Our current Management Committee is:
|Name||Date Joined Management Committee||Position||Elected to Office Bearing Position||Date Left Management Committee|
|Susan Anderson||05/09/2011||Vice Chairperson||04/09/2017|
|Muriel M Alcorn||05/09/2011|
|William Glover||25/06/2018||Casual Vacancy||23/04/2019|
|Bridget McNicol||22/10/2018||Casual Vacancy|
If you are a tenant and are interested in becoming a Committee Member, please contact the office on 0141 641 8628.